A native of Davis, California, Keith received his Bachelor of Arts degree in History from Sonoma State University before earning his Masters degree in History from the University of California, Davis and a Juris Doctorate with Distinction from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. While in law school, Keith provided research for numerous professors, competed as a member of the nationally ranked Moot Court team, served as the vice-president of the Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society, and received a scholarship from the Sacramento Estate Planning Council. Upon graduation, Keith earned concentration certificates in business, tax, and international law and was also awarded the Capital Commendation for Public Service in recognition of his dedication to pro-bono service.
Keith has honed his legal experience over a range of topics. As the probate clerk and attorney unit research assistant for the Yolo Superior Court, Keith researched complex legal issues for judges and ensured that parties submitted properly formatted and complete documents. Keith also provided direct representation for low-income tenants facing eviction with the Shriver Project through the Sacramento branch of the Legal Services of Northern California. Finally, Keith developed his skills in family law while working as an associate attorney at McCunn Law, LLP.
Keith also has experience on the other side of the bench. As an Administrative Hearing Officer for the Institute for Administrative Justice in Sacramento, Keith presided over numerous mental health and parking ticket appeals and learned what judges look for in cases they are hearing.
When not in his office, Keith can be found hiking or practicing photography in the hills and trails of Northern California with his wife Amanda and their headstrong husky-malamute, Talia.
Keith is a member of the Family Law, Estate Planning and Real Property Sections of the American Bar Association, the California Bar Association, the Yolo County Bar Association, and the Sacramento Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- Juris Doctorate
- Honors: Received a scholarship from the Sacramento Estate Planning Council
- Honors: Member of the nationally ranked Moot Court team
- Honors: Vice-president of the Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society
- Honors: With Distinction
- Sonoma State University
- Bachelor of Arts degree in History
- University of California, Davis
- Masters degree in History
Honors and Awards
- Awarded the Capital Commendation for Public Service in recognition of his dedication to pro-bono service
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Family Law Section of the American Bar Association, Member
- Estate Planning Section of the American Bar Association, Member
- Real Property Section of the American Bar Association, Member
- California Bar Association, Member
- Sacramento Bar Association, Member
- Yolo County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Yolo Superior Court, Probate Clerk & Research Attorney
- McCunn Law, LLP, Associate Attorney
- Institute for Administrative Justice, Administrative Hearing Officer