Law Offices of Keith Banks

Family Law Forms

Many people choose to represent themselves in family law cases because they can not afford to hire an attorney for full representation.The following are some of the most commonly used legal forms needed to represent yourself in a family law case. 

Please Note that this is not a complete and exhaustive list of documents. There are other critical documents, such as proof of service forms, that must also be submitted to the court. Furthermore, while these forms appear simple, serious legal consequences can result should you check the wrong box. There are public self-help centers that can assist you with any questions or concerns you may have regarding these forms. See the resources section below for a list of the local public self-help centers in Sacramento, Placer, Yolo, and Solano counties. Finally, we supply these forms as a courtesy and your use of these forms does not create an attorney-client relationship between the user and the Law Offices of Keith Banks and does not constitute legal advice.

Family Law Forms


The FL-100 form is the Petition to begin a family law case for a divorce, nullification or legal separation. There are court fees due when you go to file this form. Currently, the cost is $435 to file a petition but could be subject to change by the court.


The FL-105 form is the Declaration Under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA). The petitioner must include this when they file their petition if there are minor children present and child custody will be an issue.


The FL-110 form is the Summons that must be served to the opposing party. This form must be stamped by the court and served along with a copy of the petition.


The FL-120 form is the Response to a Petition that has already been filed with the court. As with the petition, there are court fees to file the response. Currently, the cost is $435 to file a response but could be subject to change by the court.


The FL-150 form is the Income and Expense Declaration that both parties must file with the court. Be aware that you may be required to submit updated declarations if more than 3 months have passed since the previous filing.



The FL-142 form is the Schedule of Assets and Debts. The FL-160 form is the Property Declaration. These forms are NOT submitted to the court, instead, they are served on the other party with notice given to the court of their delivery.


The FL-300 form is the Request for Order. This is the form you file when you want the court to issue an order such as set visitation or support. The first request for an order is free. Subsequent requests are $60.

Self Help Centers

The following resources offer assistance to those representing themselves.

Get In Touch

Rate, Review & Explore

Social Accounts Sprite

Davis Office

1667 Oak Ave
Davis, CA 95616

Open Today 8:30am - 5:00pm

More Info Directions (530) 725-5388